The INTERNSourceThe INTERNSource

Contact Information

1901 Royal Oaks Drive
Sacramento, CA 95815
Phone: (916) 418-5100
Fax: (916) 418-5110

Employee FAQ

Current Employees FAQ

Q: What is The InternSource?
A: The InternSource is a program of the Community College Foundation. The program contracts with private companies and government agencies to recruit, hire and manage student employees for various positions within their organizations.
Q: The InternSource is my employer of record, what does this mean?
A: The InternSource issues your paycheck, maintains your personnel file and handles employment issues such as workers’ compensation and unemployment claims for your work site. For example, verification of your employment would be done through The InternSource.
Q: Do I receive college units for my internship?
A: It is possible to receive college/academic units; however, you must pursue this with your college’s Cooperative Education or Work Experience office. You must also coordinate with your supervisor to determine whether he/she will assist you with goals, objectives, et cetera.
Q: When do I receive a raise?
A: The InternSource does not set your rate of pay. You need to speak to your worksite supervisor and/or coordinator if you believe you are entitled to a change in pay. Raises are not guaranteed or automatic.
Q: Where do I get a blank timesheet?
A: You can access the timesheet through our forms section of the website. This section is password protected. All student employees of The InternSource are eligible for passwords.
Q: Can I fax my timesheet to you?
A: The InternSource does not generally accept faxed timesheets. We need the original timesheet for your file.
Q: It's payday and I have not received my paycheck, what should I do?
A: If you do not have direct deposit, you are relying on the US Postal Service for delivery of your check. Please wait a reasonable amount of time before calling The InternSource. Direct deposit is a great benefit to receiving your paycheck; it is in your account on payday! Paychecks and direct deposit receipts are mailed to the address you provided on your W-4 form. Please make sure The InternSource has your correct address.
Q: What do I need to do if I move or change my phone number?
A: The InternSource should have your current address and phone number on file, it is required by law. It is your responsibility to get this information to The InternSource. We have an Information Change Request form that you may complete and either mail or fax to us.
Q: How can I change my payroll deductions?
A: You must complete a new W-4 form. You can get this document from our forms section as well.
Q: Do I have to be a student to work for The InternSource?
A: Yes!  The Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of education. This program is designed to enhance your education by offering a position associated with your chosen field of study. Students employed by The InternSource must be enrolled in a minimum of six semester units (or quarter equivalent) at an accredited higher education institution and maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
Q: How many hours can I work?
A: Your work schedule will be determined by your worksite. Generally, students do not work more than 20 hours a week when school is in session and can work up to 40 hours per week when school is not in session. Students working at State agencies can only work 194 days within a calendar year. There is no such limit for students who work at non-State agencies.